Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ebates/Retailmenot + Online shopping tips for saving money

Hi Everyone!  (^▽^)

Today I wanted to talk about an important website that has saved me tons of money as an avid online shopper. I love shopping online because I find that I can find much better deals vs. shopping in the store. Since I have been online shopping for so long I though I would share some websites and strategies that will get you the best deal (^ω^)!

The first website I want to talk about is retailmenot.com
This website is just one you should always visit if you are online shopping. It carries coupons for almost every online store and tells you their success rate as well as their expiration date. Whenever you want to make a purchase be sure to check the website for any coupons before checking out! 2 minutes of your time can save you a significant amount of money “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”

The next website is an important one because its so easy and can earn you so much money if you online shop a lot! It is a rebate website called Ebates
This website gives you cash back for your online purchases. After you sign up (which is completely free and safe- they don't ask for your credit card information) and you feel like doing a little online shopping always make sure to go through ebates. In the past month I have gotten back 15 dollars from online shopping. One of my favorite places through ebates is drugstore.com because it offers 12% cash back and I shop there monthly to buy make-up and other necessities, so to me it is just an easy way to get extra money  \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/

Click here to go to Ebates

Some tips for when you're online shopping is:
  • When you find something you like take a day or two to think it over before purchasing it. Sometimes being caught in the moment causes one to make purchases they don't need or will go to waste (Believe me I know! (T▽T) ) It is VERY easy to become addicted to online shopping so pacing yourself is important! 
  •  Set a budget each month for how much you are willing to spend. I set my budget to 150-200 dollars a month. This way when I purchase something I know it is something I truly want. 
  •  Sign up for emails!!! I know junk mail can be annoying, but there are so many coupons that come through emails as well as rewards! (⌒▽⌒)
  • As well as emails, use social media such as Facebook. Online shopping websites usually have a Facebook page where coupons and deals are offered through liking the page : )
Using Auction sites:

Using auction sites are extremely beneficial but when using them please be careful! There are a lot of scammers on Ebay and other auction sites, so always make sure to check feedback. Read through all the negative feedback if they have any and identify if there is a common issue such as the item being a knock off of the brand or slow shipping/item never arrives. If it looks all good go ahead and bid or "buy it now" : ) Remember to set a limit when you bid though! You don't want to go overboard.

Good luck to everyone on their online shopping! I hope this was helpful, and saves you tons of money! 

Love,
Emily

Ps. I love shopping in stores too, so maybe I will make a post for tips when shopping in stores later :)


No comments:

Post a Comment